Thread: Progress on new overlanding book

Thumbs up Progress on new overlanding book

As many of you know I am in the process of writing a book about overland travel in The United States and Canada. I am happy to say that on 17 November I completed writing the last chapter. The chapter was emailed to my first reviewer that afternoon. FINALLY!

The book is tentatively titled “The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and Canada”. This is a how-to book that specifically covers what you need to know while traveling through these two countries as well as choosing vehicles and gear that are available in Canada and the United States. Wherever possible I go into the why-to so that the reader can make an intelligent decision when faced with real life situations. Throughout the book I emphasize traveling in harmony with nature and leave no trace behind traveling and camping. I firmly believe that we should do not harm as we travel and if anything leave the path behind us a little better than it was before we passed through.

The next steps are to gather images, make drawings to illustrate the book, and to start flowing the chapters which are each in their own document into a single book document. I currently expect to publish the book in 2016.

Here is a link to a web page that has a draft of the table of contents: http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/book_contents.html

Pretty exciting TerriAnn, I can't wait to get a copy. Interesting points relating the cultural geography to the physical geography, emphasizing stewardship being directly related to access. We know where we are and ensure we can keep going there... The chapters on driving, that's what it's all about, fun. Cheers
    Bryan
    Bryan Deel

1967 109 3 Door, 2.6l, RHD
    1972 88 2.25, LHD