Thread: Help Changed Plugs and Engine Won't Start

Default Help Changed Plugs and Engine Won't Start

I changed the plugs in my '94 D90 with Bosch Platinum+2 (part 4306). I was careful to re-connect each plug wire as I went along.

I finished up and cranked away but the engine does not start...

The engine was running before the plug change.

Any thoughts?

Default Not sure if I am getting a spark...

I put an extra plug into a couple of the plug wires and tried cranking the engine. With the plug laying on metal I thought I should see a spark jumping the gap in the plug - I did not...

I tried disconnecting the lead from the coil to the distrbuter and laying it on some metal in the engine bay. When I crank the starter, I am not seeing any spark.

Does this sound like I am checking properly?

My next step is checking the coil/components.

Default Found it!

It works much better after I re-attached the wire that I had inadvertantly knocked off of the coil.....

The crummy Lucar plugs loosen up over time. Cut them all off and put on good crimp on connectors and they will stay put.