Thread: Defender Intake on Series III

Default Defender Intake on Series III

Are there any examples of the Defender snorkel that rides up the A pillar mounted onto a Series III?

Has any one look at this close enough to pose a reason it wouldn't work?

Is this simply the intake, mounted 2 feet or so higher than the standard fender input location?

TIA
    David

The one shown is a Mantec and the fender mount fits into the recess on the LH fender. That recess is fitted with a blank plate (no holes), matching the heater duct plate on the RH side (of LHD trucks)

The problem you may find is that the inside of a Defender fender is open to the engine bay, and the fender of a series truck is not. Consequently, all you would be doing is bringing the intake down, forward of where you need it to be, and then right into the wheel arch, probably right about where the mudshield brackets are.
    If you need a snorkle, why not do it the way they were originally on series trucks: through the bonnet.

Does your Series III have a hole in the side of the right hand fender for a heater intake? I have a truck or two with that heater hole but with a different heater so that hole in the fender is not in use. You could put a snorkel through such a hole.

If you don't have that hole and for originality you don't want to cut your fender I am sure that either RoversNorth or someone on this BB would have a fender with a hole that you could buy to do the conversion. This would allow you to put it back to original if you wanted.

Just a thought

LaneRover

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys

The problem you may find is that the inside of a Defender fender is open to the engine bay, and the fender of a series truck is not. Consequently, all you would be doing is bringing the intake down, forward of where you need it to be, and then right into the wheel arch, probably right about where the mudshield brackets are.
    If you need a snorkle, why not do it the way they were originally on series trucks: through the bonnet.
    Thx guys

I have a right hand hole. I haven;t really had much time to see just what's in there, where it goes, etc etc.

I just really enjoy the look of the snorkle.

Terry, can you point me to a pic of the snorkle going in the bonnet? I'm not familiar with that at all.

Thx again
    d