Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior Lighting Ideas? Soft Top IIa

I use a headlight...... as in a light on my head.

That said I did run a wire to the top of the windshield when I rewired and was going to put a light on my hard top, with a connector for when I take the top off this summer, but then I would have no light. I really like the rock lights on the top of the window.....

Thanks for the tip.
    Hannibal...... 1964 SIIA 88" NAS.....

I have a Series III style dash.

I used a very similar self adhesive LED light strip under my upper dash and lower dash. The result is light in the cubby areas and the floor boards. I bought my lights from superbright LEDS web site and chose an "antique white" color to try to keep the light more in keeping with the older vehicle.

I wired the lights to the dash light switch that I replaced from a two position switch to a three position (headlight / heater fan) switch to keep the dash looking factory.

The whole job cost about $15 (I had a spare switch in my junk pile). I am super pleased with the result.
    Firemanshort
    1980 Stage One
    (Past owner of 1973 Series III - Highlander)

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    I have a license plate lamp mounted on a windshield wiper motor cover in the dash. It has LED bulbs but looks right:
    http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post491116

I stripped it and then replated it with zinc in my home electroplating rig.
    Nice touch.
    "Now the company of rogues and cutthroats is complete."

1993 RRC County LWB, Ardennes green
    1967 Series IIa 109" NADA Station Wagon Light green
    1996 Discovery SE7 Epsom green R.I.P.

Name:  SK.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  69.9 KB

Easy. Cheap. Clean.

LED tape, couple connectors, run wires down middle of window under channel, wire to dash light switch. Done.

Less than $20 in parts with plenty extra for other projects.