Thread: 1968 Series IIA 88in For Sale- Located in Durham, NC

Default 1968 Series IIA 88in For Sale- Located in Durham, NC

For Sale is my running driving retired British Royal Air Force (RAF) 1968 Land Rover Series IIA 88in. Right hand drive. Located in Durham, NC
    This car was a father and son project we purchased in England 6 years ago, and shipped to the United States.

The car has:
    -a rebuilt 2 1/4 liter diesel, installed by Blue Ridge Rover Works in Asheville, NC

and many new parts from Roversnorth.com including:

-Pro Comp shocks, New Exmore seats/ cubby box, Proline galvanized front bumper, new OE rear door, new Good year wrangler tires, new OE Steel Wheels, new Mintcomp brakes (installed by Flying Circus in Durham, NC along with brake lines and wheel cylinders), new radiator, new engine mounts, redone left side brake shoe/ swivel ball (with parts for right side), redone hubs/ axels (Flying Circus), full shop/ owners manuals, and many more included

The car is completely mechanically functional but
    -was hand painted by previous owner in England in the style the British air force would have used.

-the door posts and the left hand footwell top of the bulkhead have some rust and could be replaced (which is a common issue with these cars), minus a few dents expected on a car of this nature/ age all other body work fine

Asking $10,000

If you have any questions please shoot me a PM or comment below.

If you have any questions please shoot me a PM or comment below.
    Last edited by 1968seriesIIA; 02-29-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Sent a PM

Quote Originally Posted by JackDevine3 View Post
    Sent a PM
    I sent a reply, but it doesn't show up in the sent section of my inbox so let me know if you don't get it.

can you post pics of the rust damage? please! also how is the rest of the frame????

Quote Originally Posted by l.a. rover View Post
    can you post pics of the rust damage? please! also how is the rest of the frame????
    PM'd. To anyone else wondering I will look to see if I have any pictures tonight, if not I will get the guy storing the truck to send me some (I just moved to California so I can't take the pics myself).

The rest of the frame is in really good condition, and to my knowledge there would be no reason to replace it anytime soon.