Thread: Reverse lamp switch pigtail....where does it go?

Default Reverse lamp switch pigtail....where does it go?

Hi, finishing up rewiring my 64 2a with alt conversion. Where on the transmission does this plug into..... Or does it go elsewhere? Thanks!

This is a 71 IIA, a 64 may be different. The reverse switch is mounted at the base of the main gearbox shift lever. Unfortunately, the view of the switch is blocked by the low range shift lever but you can see the white wires leading to the spade connectors on either side.

Name:  Rev.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  105.1 KB

Thank you. I think I don't have one, to be honest.

Many owners find it easier and more reliable to simply mount a toggle switch for reverse lighting somewhere on the instrument panel.

I think I had a switch on my 69 2a, but that's been a lot of years ago

On some if the series, there was a hole already drilled in the shifter base plate (possibly started with S3?). On my early S2A it did not have one. Pic from Nck's Land-Rover:

Series II and early IIA didn't have reverse lamps

Yes, that's what I am seeing... I either need to install one, or I need to just wire in a switch (which I have already in the dash, currently not being used).

I am also trying to figure out how to wire in the brake lights as someone added a dual circuit system to the vehicle, so hooking the stock harness to the hydraulic switch on the frame isn't in the cards...