Thread: Authentic Interior Pics?

Default Authentic Interior Pics?

Homer basically has no interior. I have replaced the seats, the headliner is a yuge disasta. Does anyone have pics of what the interior of a Series Rover (particularly a 70 Series IIa SWB would be nice) actually is supposed to look like? Thanks!
    --David

1959 TR3
    1970 Series IIa 88" ("Homer")

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Here is a shot of my dash - 1970 IIA. This is period correct, with the exception of the voltmeter(just above the ignition switch), which I added after converting to an alternator. The black padded thingy below the dash is the heater distribution box, which was unique to the late IIA trucks. I have an extra one (NOS) on hand if you need one. If interested send me an email to ted@ggdirect.com.

Hope this helps,

Ted
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Slo:

Here is a link to a 69 rover with a very original interior. I saw this truck in person it's interior is very accurate and has not been altered. The 69 interior is identical to the 70 and 71 interior.

The exterior of that truck in the pictures had the wings replaced on both sides. This truck should be a bugeye but the PO used later 70/71 style wings - you can still see the grill is a bugeye styled grill.

Enjoy.

[edit] I have all the pictures because I nearly purchased it - but, it was apparent that the truck was a flip. Restored to sell vs restored by the owner to enjoy. Big difference.
    Last edited by lumpydog; 03-29-2016 at 02:10 PM.
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

Thanks. Very helpful, especially the doors. Mine is closer than I thought.
    --David

1959 TR3
    1970 Series IIa 88" ("Homer")

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Badger Coachworks can help you with the headliner...
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

I considered Badger for a headliner when my SIIA had a hardtop. Very pricey, but the quality is definitely there. Recently I saw a headliner in a 109 done by a local upholsterer. It might be worth checking out a local option. Maybe 1/4 the Badger price if you are not going for Concours......
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8
    '95 RRC LWB, deceased.....
    '75 Forward Control GS, 72 FL 64, gone to CA!

I also have a bunch of interior trim parts, including a headliner (that you could use for a template) that came with my tropical top. I am not going to use them and would be willing to sell them if someone needs them.
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub