Thread: Paint?

Default Paint?

Any tips on the best place to get original rover paint colors? Or do I trust auto-body paint shop to come up with the "original" color I want?

Are you painting yourself? Having an auto body shop do the work? Painting a part? Painting your entire truck? What's the application?

If it's spray paint you're looking for, Tower Paints is great. They can match to any of the classic Series Rover colors. I've used their 2K (2 part) spray paint with really nice results.

If you're looking to have a shop paint your rig, on frame - masking off cappings, etc. You may consider Caron's Colchester Auto Body in Colchester VT. It's a hike from where you are but they paint a lot of Series Rovers for a local Series Rover restoration expert. Their work is very, very nice (my rig was painted there).
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

X2 on Tower Paints. Excellent to work with.
    Doug
    61 Series II 109 SW
    95 RR County LWB
    06 Range Rover
    98 Discovery LE

I'm not dissing on Tower Paints, but there isn't a real auto supply shop near you that carries PPG or Nason paints? there isn't anything special about mixing up the paint code, so any local auto paint location can have it for you while you wait.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    I'm not dissing on Tower Paints, but there isn't a real auto supply shop near you that carries PPG or Nason paints? there isn't anything special about mixing up the paint code, so any local auto paint location can have it for you while you wait.
    Stomper is correct regarding most local auto supply places. That said, Tower just takes away some of the guesswork. Their matches are spot-on. Have used their nifty German rattle cans multiple times, and even in small batches they nail the colors every time. I used their DuPont Imron - very nice finish, even with my spectacular lack of skill and technique.