Thread: 1995 rrc lwb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1995 rrc lwb

Well, Some things just don’t work out as you plan….

For sale is my 1995 Range Rover Classic LWB that I have owned less than one year (I got it August 2015) and driven about 2k miles…. The restoration work was done at Land Rover Thousand Oaks in California and it is in excellent condition. My understanding from their service manager is that it was done over the course of three years and was used in their showroom for the launch of the new LWB.

I am asking $20k.

Lots of photos can be seen here: 1995 Range Rover LWB by smithjoshu | Photobucket

The cosmetic restoration work included a full body-off respray (no lines), all new leather on the front and back seats, new headliner, steering wheel from a 30k mile truck (I bought from buckhorn), new carpet floor mats, refinished center console wood, new BFG All Terrains (245/75r16), Powder Coated wheels with solid painted lug nuts, Center Console mounted cup holders, and tons of other little details. It looks amazing and is corrosion free. I have the tool roll, original manual, working key fob and key.

Mechanically –The truck has just over 180k miles and per Thousand Oaks the top end of the motor was rebuilt from a new factory cam shaft up at the dealership before I got it. New AC lines were fabricated/installed and the AC and heat work great. When I got it, I changed the engine oil, diff oil, new ATF in the transfer case (Borg Warner) and drained/refilled the transmission. The top end of the motor had just been done, so it has fresh antifreeze/plugs/wires. I put a new rotoflex/centering bushing in the rear driveshaft and rebuilt/balanced the front driveshaft with new universals. I installed new Terrafirma 30mm Hub-Centric wheel spacers on all four wheels as the fronts would rub slightly at full lock. The first 6 photos in the link are photos of the truck with them installed. The air suspension has been swapped out for coils with Bilstein shocks and rides nice.

Electronics – Everything works (including cruise control) with the exception of the heated seats and the rear lift gate does not lock with the key fob like the rest of the truck and has to be locked with the key. I have never tried the rear defroster, but the AC fogged up the windshield last week and I did try the front defrost (elements in the windscreen) and they work well.
    Negatives – There are very few, but I will list what I have noticed. There is a small tear in the vinyl in the right rear exterior fascia (1/4”). The climate control module is not solidly mounted – doesn’t move normally, but if you push it, it will move back and forth. Rear liftgate does not lock with the key fob – locks with key itself – I guess it needs a new actuator. Couple cracks in front speaker covers and door cubby. Vinyl on center console is pulled tight below the cupholder – I have a new decal for the transfer case operation and was going to have an interior guy reattach with adhesive and then cover any hole with the decal.

If you are interested please let me know if you have questions or want me to post a picture of anything. Please email me at joshsmith at gmail dot com

Now for the explanation in case you are wondering why I would sell this so quickly… When I found out my wife was expecting our second daughter (born last September), I decided to bite the bullet and pay for a ’95 LWB that was corrosion free and restored/turnkey. I wanted to have a land rover with airbags and enough space to allow me to have a car seat/kid behind me and still be able to drive without my knees hitting the dash. The plan was for my wife to use this as her daily driver. Well….as nice as it is, she is used to her heated steering wheel, touchscreen navigation, backup camera, 7 seats, etc. etc. and prefers her pathfinder. Anytime I want to take the LWB, it becomes a project of moving strollers, diaper bags, car seats, etc …. I have an ’04 Disco that is built just the way I want it and is maintained by the company. I am in land development and am often running through fields of saplings and muddy subdivisions under construction – Not anywhere I would want to take the LWB. It just isn’t getting used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160220_141332700.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	11577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160220_141148128.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	11576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160417_175045159_HDR.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	11575  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160417_175016035_HDR.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	11574  
    '82 109" diesel
    '04 DII