Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pegasus Parts

Angry Pegasus Parts

Anybody on here dealt with Pegasus Parts recently? I ordered a bulkhead from them over a year ago, and have been unable to get in touch ever since. I was quoted a six month wait at the time, but we're way beyond that now. They don't return emails, don't answer phone calls, I even tried the "contact us" form on their site. Nothing. Did they fold and take my deposit with them?
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

That's interesting. I've never heard anything bad about Pegasus. I was going to suggest looking up the business next to them, call them and ask if Pegasus was still in business. After looking up the address on their website, it is a house in a neighborhood. There goes my idea.

Colin

Me either. I've been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder. If they would get back to me and say "gee, sorry, it'll be just a bit more time" that would be one thing. But being in limbo all this time is almost worse than the prospect of being out the money. I'm running out of things to do that don't require a usable bulkhead.

I certainly agree. The fact that they have your money and are impossible to get a hold of is worrisome. I'd be livid because I'm sure we're not talking about a few dollars. Completely unacceptable for any business, regardless or size or location, to do this to a paying customer. I really hope this gets worked out really soon for you.

I sent a message to them via their website enquiring about a bulkhead. Let's see if they respond back.

Colin

With all the technology available today there is no excuse for not responding to a customer in one way or another. Hope it works out and what ever the outcome, let people know so they don't suffer the same fate. Quality control via the customer always works out in the end.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

For what it's worth, I used to be a member and regular follower of the Series 2 Club, in the UK (http://www.series2club.co.uk)

Their forum has a good number of complaints about Pegasus... not for quality, which is supposed to be excellent, but rather for extraordinarily long delays and abysmal communication. IIRC, the club even took Pegasus off of the recommended vendor list.

One bright note... I just did a quick search on the S2C forum & it looks like someone recently (March) took delivery of their bulkhead and are VERY pleased with the end result.

This thread from a UK forum should provide insight.

I've ordered a few parts from them. First part was a bean can and arrived within a reasonable time frame and is a very nice product. Second part was a refurbished Zenith carb. Website said it would take 8 weeks. It took about 18 weeks. I had to email them a few times to get a response as to what was taking so long. They did reply to emails with a little prodding. Carb is very nice and was worth the wait.

[edit] darbsclt - looks like we posted at the same time pointing to the same forum ;-)
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

It's just one guy, Paul. He is a one man band. Don't expect production to be speedy.

It's discouraging though no response, hope all works out well.
    I have numerous times orders smalls, and decal stencils from UK, have never had any issues, happy to report.

I wasn't under any illusions it'd be quick, but it would be nice to know I haven't been forgotten. And if he really does have that big a backlog of work, maybe it's time to hire some helpers? A six month waiting list is one thing, but 14 months without any communication is too much.