Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pegasus Parts

Quote Originally Posted by superstator View Post
    I wasn't under any illusions it'd be quick, but it would be nice to know I haven't been forgotten. And if he really does have that big a backlog of work, maybe it's time to hire some helpers? A six month waiting list is one thing, but 14 months without any communication is too much.
    You are 100% correct on all accounts. If he can't/won't hire more help, he needs to stop taking orders until he gets caught up. Taking someone's money and then not communicating with them for more than a year is theft. If he was in the US, no judge would side with him.

This is always my fear when dealing with people/businesses overseas. If you have a problem, you're pretty much at their mercy.

Colin

Right you are. With the numerous ways to communicate these days there is no excuse not to reply to customers that have already plunked down their hard earned cash. Over a year.... come on! These guys ( or in this case this guy) deserve a thumbs DOWN!

Rob
    Bugeye88

Well, it seems Pegasus has come back to life. A couple weeks ago I received an email out of the blue from them stating that things were moving along and my order was (still) about six months away from completion. They apologized for the delays and put it down to difficulties with suppliers.

Now this week I've heard from them again explaining that they've actually received some of these delayed parts from their supplier. They also said they are hoping to ramp up production, but in the interest of doing so they are trying to collect balances on existing orders.

I know there are others around here with orders pending. Have you heard similar things from them? I'm a bit torn between being excited to see progress, and having some serious misgivings after the delay and lack of communication until recently.
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

They've recently communicated with people that they are not fulfilling the pending bulkhead orders. I placed my order in Jan 2017. In Nov 2017, I was #9 in line. By Mar 2018, I progressed to #7 in line. (yay.) Seems to be all bull****. Today they told me to ask my credit card company to refund me the money I paid two years ago. I'm seeking legal counsel in the UK at the moment.

There are other suppliers now for bulkheads, it used to be more difficult to find but there out there. I think they do things a little different across the pond, but I too would be waiting and wondering, where the $%^&* is my bulkhead? By the way what are they getting you for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by cedryck View Post
    what are they getting you for shipping?
    They're not shipping anything...(but they quoted a GBP 600 estimate for door to door back in 2017).