Thread: Wiper Motor Electrical Issues

Default Wiper Motor Electrical Issues

Hey all! I'm having trouble with the wiring in my wiper motor and switch. Attached are pictures of the setup. I am currently running power through the solid green wire (main power) into the switch and to the wiper motor. I am NOT running power to any other tabs on the switch nor am I getting power to any of the tabs on the motor itself (except the main power tab connected to the green wire). If you guys can see any problems with my wiring, please let me know. Otherwise I think I may need to purchase a new switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4662.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	11669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4664.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	11670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4665.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	11671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4667.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	11672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4668.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	11673

Side note: If you know of a tool that could unscrew the ring holding down the switch, I need to purchase one.

Name:	20160612_210658.jpg 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	11674

Thanks again.
    1972 Series III Frankenstein

Can't help you with the wiring, but to remove that ring just place a small flat blade screwdriver in one of the slots and tap the end with whatever you want in the direction you're trying to go - to the left to loosen and to the right to tighten.

Colin

Hi Roverkid I'am not sure about the blue green wire that is connected to your wiper switch, mine is black-green, brown-green, red-green and green-green. What I know that the green box behind the switch (labeled Lucas) is for wiper washer,activate if the button is pressed. The other pin are for full speed and half speed. I think the green-green and the black green wire is correct (similar to mine) but be advised that the green box is prone to loose wire, there is a small wire inside the green box. Mine also have brown-green and red-green wire but it could be the other way around depending the position of the switch, that is for half or full speed. But all these color only applies for original wire spec from factory, if it have been be replaced by different wire, it is hard to tell. There is also a big ground wire just behind the wiper motor, it is must be connected to the bulkhead in order to work properly.

my advice, take the switch apart. You can carefully bend the tabs on the back of the switch and disassemble it. nothing hard about it. just by examining the inner switch contact points you can easily figure out what contacts are energized. I once had a new switch that had the rotating contact plate inserted backwards, who knew..
    If your going to become a long term rover owner these are the things you will often encounter..it's not just a method of transportation, it's also a hobby (obsession)
    that said it will make you a lot of friends you never knew you had..people here will help you.. ROVE ON bobzinak..

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I've ordered a new switch that now runs power to the motor. But now I have a new issue: the motor only runs one speed and blows the fuse every time. Anyone experience this issue?
    1972 Series III Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by RoverKid_1972 View Post
    Hey all! I'm having trouble with the wiring in my wiper motor and switch. Attached are pictures of the setup. I am currently running power through the solid green wire (main power) into the switch and to the wiper motor. I am NOT running power to any other tabs on the switch nor am I getting power to any of the tabs on the motor itself (except the main power tab connected to the green wire). If you guys can see any problems with my wiring, please let me know. Otherwise I think I may need to purchase a new switch.

Name:	IMG_4662.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	11669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4664.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	11670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4665.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	11671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4667.jpg 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	11672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4668.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	11673

Side note: If you know of a tool that could unscrew the ring holding down the switch, I need to purchase one.

Name:	20160612_210658.jpg 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	11674

Thanks again.
    Call Moss Motors. They should have the tool

I have one and it works great

VIEW LARGER

Bezel Remover Tool Set
    $33.99
    PART # APPLICATION