Thread: brake pedal switch/no brake lights/blown fuse

Default brake pedal switch/no brake lights/blown fuse

OK. I have read every thread google can provide from the various boards. My situation is this... Went out to start vehicle and won't shift out of park. Figure out how to bypass solenoid and nurse it home.

1. Replace brake switch with OEM unit
    2. Still not go
    3. Check fuse 25. Ah, blown 15am
    4. Put in new fuse.
    5. Fuse blows again.
    6. Check all bulbs. Seem to be ok.

Scratches head. Where to look?

Thanks
    VBDave

I had a similar problem with my wife's '95 R.R.C. Water had gotten into the tail light housing and blown the fuse. After changing the fuse and drying the housing, it happened again. It turned out that the socket had been wet (many times...)before, and had affected the socket and the wiring (all corroded). I cleaned the socket and the nearby harness plug. Then ended up running an additional ground wire. A multi-meter is a must have in tracing these types of problems, as well as a copy of the Land Rover 'RAVE' manual (available for free down-load on line). To remove the locking solenoid you have to remove the cover on the gear stick (and unplug the Mode switch) and see if you can get at the solenoid (you may end up removing the whole console), it comes out with a turn (anti-clockwise) of the solenoid, past a plastic tab in the shifter base, slide out and unplug. Hope this is of some help...

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C, Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

one time a range rover came into a shop i worked at, the passenger side foot well full of blown fuses.
    The customer kept adding fuses until he could get his rover out of park and into drive.
    Anyway his problem was the trailer wiring had come loose and dangled onto the tail pipe, melting the insulation; exposing the wires creating a dead short.

Thanks for suggestions. Replaced rear taillights and it cleared it up.
    VBDave