Thread: Lucas 3 position switch question

Default Lucas 3 position switch question

Does anyone know how to wire a Lucas off/on/on switch for interior lights and dome light or side lamps and headlights? I had lights at first but then lost them due to a loose switch. Ordered a new one and still don't have lights. I have 12v coming to the switch but in the middle position there, none of the prongs on the back of the switch have power only in the second on position due I have 12v at one of the prongs.

Thanks for any info.

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Sorry, had to be done
    1965 Series 2A 109 pickup diesel

I almost felt guilty for thinking this when I first saw the post. It is the only LUCAS switch I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by S11A View Post

Sorry, had to be done

My 3-way had a "smoke" setting in the middle. Though it stopped smoking just after my parking lights went dead. Weird.

I always keep a couple of these around...very handy to have. Name:  MasterImagePositive2.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  52.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    I always keep a couple of these around...very handy to have. Name:  MasterImagePositive2.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  52.0 KB
    Too funny, On a more serious note, I have replaced some or most of the original switches with waterproof switches from the local Maritime boat shop. They are a little more expensive and don't look anything like a Lucas switch, the ones I chose are just made a little better than a Lucas switch, but not original.
    Last edited by cedryck; 09-19-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Pretty simple to set up! Just remember that the settings for a Lucas 3-position switch are Off, Dim, and Flickering. And Bob's your uncle