Thread: Future Owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default new find

Quote Originally Posted by Les Parker View Post
    The better of these 3 would be the 98 DI, especially if is the Willow Green LSE. The P38's seem to be fraught with electrical problems and can be a nightmare.
    Les, I am going to look at a 99 range rover 4.0 se, it has the suspension conversion done but I'm not sure if they have any service records. It has 130 thousand and the ad say it was taken in on trade and this guy selling it is a wholesale broker. Asking price is $2700. anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks for the input

Make sure you check it out completely. Fixing these is expensive, especially if you can't do it yourself. I'm not trying to be funny but...This is what I tell folks who ask about Land Rovers, "If you can't fix it yourself, buy a Toyota, at least there are more dealers that can service them."

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

OK, it's been a month since I posted my last comment. It seems it was taken badly. I'll explain, a friend of mine "Thought" he wanted a Land Rover Disco II; first he paid top dollar for it, next he found the engine needed head gaskets (in the first week of ownership!). He had to pay someone (unfamiliar with these...) to change the gaskets, needless to say he had to have it re-done (why don't service centers seem to know that all aluminum heads need to be straightened and re-machined). He wasn't in the least happy with his Disco, as one could imagine (it's sitting beside his house presently, as other problems arose). He finally took my advise and bought the Toyota, now he's happy with that... I don't understand folks who want these as a status symbol, and never use them as they should anyway.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S