Thread: Defender 2.5 diesel camshaft specifications

Default Defender 2.5 diesel camshaft specifications

I originally posted this over in the Series forum, but am getting no leads, so here I am!
    I am rebuilding a 2.25 diesel and replaced my worn out stock cam with a Bearmach ETC7128 "performance" camshaft. T
    rouble is, the camshaft didn't come with a spec. sheet-- Lift, duration, overlap, all the details that would be nice to know.
    It is supposedly the same exact camshaft that was used in the 2.5 Defender diesel, so I was wondering if anyone has a defender shop manual that would have a chart that tells at what degrees the valves open and close and when they are at their peak? The Series manual lists all this in a neat little chart and I'm hoping the Defender's manual does as well. If so, could one of you fellas (or gals) post them for me?
    Thank You!
    Mic

Anyone have a Defender manual I can borrow? I hate to spend 100 bucks just so I can read a paragraph!

I don't have a paper manual covering this, mine has only assembly and set up information. On looking over a RAVE manual I don't think it will be any help, it covers only newer models. Maybe seriesdiesllandrovers.com/timing.html (I might not have it all copied correctly...) might be of some help.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S
    Last edited by mearstrae; 09-13-2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Anyone have a Defender manual I can borrow? I hate to spend 100 bucks just so I can read a paragraph!
    Hey Michelle, I have heard that the 2.5 defender camshaft is interchangeable w/ the 2.25 but do not have first hand experience. I have a defender manual but unlike the series Green Bible it does not give the info you are looking for. Check out the Defender Source forum, someone will have the info for ya. Good Luck!

Hello, and Thank you Parrie!
    I took your advice and posted to that board as well and got exactly the information I was looking for!
    Thank You for your help!
    Mic