Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New 66 Series IIA Project

You gotta figure a way to get the gearsticks moved forward. You can't really shift with it next to your butt like that no matter how you slice it. You're reaching behind yourself almost! Then your seatbox problem goes away.
    You could shift the entire engine fwd, put radiator behind the seats. But I fear the engine and transmission package you have chosen is too long to fit well.

Yeah I've been thinking about that. So far I have come up with nothing useful, there are cable shift kits made but it seems not for this trans and transfercase. All I have been able to come up with so far is to cut up the gearshift and make up a new one that bends forwards and away from the driver to get it into the right position but that still leaves the transfercase shifter back next to the seat which I think that I could live with. If anybody has any ideas about relocating these shifters It would be much appreciated. I've got the engine shoved as far forward as I can already and the transfercase is already a forward shift.
    1966 Series IIA
    A Little rough around the edges... And everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoose View Post
    Yeah I've been thinking about that. So far I have come up with nothing useful, there are cable shift kits made but it seems not for this trans and transfercase. All I have been able to come up with so far is to cut up the gearshift and make up a new one that bends forwards and away from the driver to get it into the right position but that still leaves the transfercase shifter back next to the seat which I think that I could live with. If anybody has any ideas about relocating these shifters It would be much appreciated. I've got the engine shoved as far forward as I can already and the transfercase is already a forward shift.
    You might need to use a remote shifter. Something like this: http://www.mustangsplus.com/tech/spe...ter/index.html

Remote shifters is an idea that I never even thought about or had even heard about for that matter. After doing some more research on it seems completely possible. I will have to start playing with that when I ever get Rosie back into the garage. it's been -20C here for two weeks and Rosie is just sitting under a tarp waiting for it's turn in the garage to come up.
    1966 Series IIA
    A Little rough around the edges... And everywhere else.

Have you resolved the issue with the transmission being too long?