Thread: 1973 Series III FFR for sale

Default 1973 Series III FFR for sale

Up for sale is my 1973 Series III FFR. It is RHD and 24 volt, if you know about the 24 volt trucks the engine electric systems are fully shielded from electrical interference and sealed up from water so they make better off road trucks. I just spent most of the summer sanding and repainting the camo paint on the truck so now it looks fantastic. I preserved the original unit badges painted on the front wings so you can theoretically find out where the truck spent it's military career, used by the 71st signal regiment of the 2nd signal battalion. The carburetor has been rebuilt, brake master and booster replaced, and drivers seat reupholstered. It is a good solid running and driving truck, and would make a perfect daily driver for someone. The truck is located at my shop in Flemington, NJ. $12,000 o.b.o.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	534.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	12060   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	533.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	12059   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	532.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	12058  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	531.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	12057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	395.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	12056  

I think I know this truck, or one of its brothers, 68 sigs reg, Territorial army( now Reserve Army) part of the 71st sigs (reg army)2nd btn refers to reserve or territorial unit in this case. I think this landy was based in Leyton, East London at whipps cross. If it is the truck, or one of them(we had 5 24v FFR)then our Mechanics took REAl good care of it, scalies (radio techs) not so much....

Happy to help

Mind you, it was newer when I last saw it.....

It's a lot better now than when I got it, The layers of paint were flaking off like all hell, it looked terrible. It runs brilliantly now, and I've never heard a Series this quiet. Probably because it has a station wagon muffler and tailpipe.

Just an update. The Series III is still for sale but the price has now been lowered! $10,500 or best offer. I would prefer it to go to a new home with an enthusiast if possible.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6034509549.html