Thread: Seat Rails Original Color- Gloss/Matte?

Default Seat Rails Original Color- Gloss/Matte?

Doing some R&R and just keeping the Rover Happy, 1973 NAS LHD 88" Petrol RoVa!

OOPS....I mean the black painted seat cushion holders! Metal brackets the seats actually bolt to.

The seat rails need to be scraped up, painted, and loved. Just as well do it right when I do it- so would the original color have been more of a gloss, matte or plain flat black? I seem to prefer to the Krylon Rust guard paints, they do a good job and are available!

Thank you gents.
    Last edited by bls72bmw; 08-01-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Maybe the Series 3 rails were painted (I doubt it), but the ones in my 2A aren't. Mine are adjustable rails so maybe those were different.

Colin

Default seat cushion brackets...

OOPS....I mean the black painted seat cushion holders! Metal brackets the seats actually bolt to.

Spoke with the hosts at RN, they confirmed the right color would be a semi-gloss black.
    Thanks to RN!