Thread: Correct bolt size for attaching Fender Skin?

Default Correct bolt size for attaching Fender Skin?

I need help identifying the proper bolt sizes needed to attach the RH fender skin to the wing. I did a thorough job damaging the right side of my vehicle and had to track down new parts, including a new skin. Everything, including the vehicle, is currently at the paint shop so I don't have the vehicle to look at the good side. I would like to get the replacement bolts in advance (they old ones were cut to free the skin), so the reassembly is not delayed...it has been months and I want it back!

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.
    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
    2003 Freelander

1/4-28. Length 3/4" There's a washer on both sides, a spring washer and a nut. Wing to bulkhead are special bolts (AM605061) for the speed nut (AK616011) and have whitworth size head. The wing to radiator support (breakfast) are stud plates (MRC5519, MRC5520) with 1/4-28 studs. You'll need washers, spring washers and nuts for these. The bonnet support is held on with, you guessed it, 1/4-28 bolts. These are 1 inch long. The rear wing top to bulkhead bracket are also 1/4-28 but the brackets should have captive nuts so you need only the 3/4 inch long bolts with washers.

Thank you.
    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
    2003 Freelander