Thread: 24 Spline Rover Diff Question

Default 24 Spline Rover Diff Question

I have seen a few links for converting a Series Rover front diff to 24 spline axles and carriers. But nothing on the rears. Can I just get a 24 spline carrier, new ring and pinion and new axles and drive flanges? Main question is are there any clearance problems with the 24 spline axle diameter, internal to the diff housing?

I was going to get a Salisbury, but not sure (exactly) how much they are going for now and still an open diff. If no issues with axle clearance, I was thinking about just building up a Rover diff with a TruTrac or other limited slip carrier. I figured it would be roughly the same cost as the Salisbury, with new ring and pinion, axles, and a LSD. Have also heard that the replacement ring and pinions are much stronger than the original Rover ones.

Any pros/cons to this? Or other advice?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Contact Bill Davis at GREAT basin Rovers, he is very knowledgeable on things axels and diffs. I got my 24 spline/Tru Trac diff from him. High quality workmanship.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    68 2a Bugeye

I agree that Bill Davis lead. I run both his 24 spine axle, his heavy duty ring, with a arb diff.. Expense yes, but works

Bill builds the diff and ships it to you.. All we did was drop it in the axle. Needed to run air to it. I also run his 10 spline setup in the front axle.
    josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler