Thread: Anybody have a hot-dip galvanized project coming up?

Default Anybody have a hot-dip galvanized project coming up?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I have a few bits of galvanized trim for my 64 IIA 88 that I'd like to get hot-dipped. I am wondering if anybody has a big re-dip project coming up any time soon -- it would be great if i could throw a handful of my parts in and pay accordingly.

Thanks,

Myron

Your location would be helpful.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by cnfowler View Post
    Your location would be helpful.

Colin
    Yes, I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan. I didn't bother mentioning it because the two pieces I have are small enough that I'd be happy to mail them anywhere in the US.

Thanks for asking, though.

Myron

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Yes, I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan. I didn't bother mentioning it because the two pieces I have are small enough that I'd be happy to mail them anywhere in the US.

Thanks for asking, though.

Myron
    Myron:

I will be doing a galvy run at *some* point this winter...planning to strip down my '71 IIA and galvy as much as possible. The caveat is I haven't even begun the teardown yet, and my "original" plan was to try to get the bits ready by year-end...obviously that won't be happening. Hopefully sometime in January at this point. Let me know if you want to piggyback on my run, just keep in mind there can be risk with small parts that they end up MIA in the galvy tank. I plan to string up parts in advance, but as most folks that have done it will attest to sometimes things just 'happen'.
    Jason Lavender
    '71 Series IIA
    '88 127 #F96 DKN
    '94 NAS 90 #324
    '06 LR3 HSE
    www.SeriesDefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
    Myron:

I will be doing a galvy run at *some* point this winter...planning to strip down my '71 IIA and galvy as much as possible. The caveat is I haven't even begun the teardown yet, and my "original" plan was to try to get the bits ready by year-end...obviously that won't be happening. Hopefully sometime in January at this point. Let me know if you want to piggyback on my run, just keep in mind there can be risk with small parts that they end up MIA in the galvy tank. I plan to string up parts in advance, but as most folks that have done it will attest to sometimes things just 'happen'.
    Hi Jason,

That would be great! Really what I'm thinking of is some corner trim bits, so nothing too small. Please send me a PM or better yet an email at roverhaven at gmail dot com when you're ready to go. I'll try to remember to check back on this post, but I'm not the best at that either, these days.

Thanks again!

Myron

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Hi Jason,

That would be great! Really what I'm thinking of is some corner trim bits, so nothing too small. Please send me a PM or better yet an email at roverhaven at gmail dot com when you're ready to go. I'll try to remember to check back on this post, but I'm not the best at that either, these days.

Thanks again!

Myron
    Myron - just sent you an email....
    Jason Lavender
    '71 Series IIA
    '88 127 #F96 DKN
    '94 NAS 90 #324
    '06 LR3 HSE
    www.SeriesDefender.com

I have a Series 2A grille that needs some TLC in Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by Get-me home View Post
    I have a Series 2A grille that needs some TLC in Pennsylvania.
    Send it! Seriously if you want to ship it to me in NY, just pm me for my address and I can put it in the pile for you.
    Jason Lavender
    '71 Series IIA
    '88 127 #F96 DKN
    '94 NAS 90 #324
    '06 LR3 HSE
    www.SeriesDefender.com