Thread: Suspension will raise when system is cooled

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Suspension will raise when system is cooled

2006 LR3

I got stuck in the mud this weekend. I finally winched my way out. But after I got out my compressor will not come on and I get the message “suspension will raise when the system is cooled”. No faults. This happens from a cold start. I looked at the compressor. The temp sensor seemed like it got a bit wet but I don’t see any exposed wire.

I just replaced the compressor in Dec. even if I had a leak somewhere would it still die that quick? Am I missing something?

I jumped it and it does come on.

I do do think I am gettin some water into the passenger foot well from a cracked roof drain. But it doesn’t seem corelary to the fact that this started after I got stuck.

I had my guy try to reset it and it didn’t do anything. Seems to pout to a mechanical failure.

The compressor is a Dunlop hitachi style.

I think you kind of answered your own question, the compressor does run. Jump out the temp sensor and see what happens (I'm not sure if it's normally open or normally closed-take off the connector and check[normally open], if that doesn't work, then try jumping the terminal[normally closed]). If it works, the sensor got drowned, sensors don't have to have exposed wires to to react badly to water. This is why you never pressure wash a Rover engine, it will kill the sensors. Anyway, if the sensor seems bad try to dry it with a hair dryer or similar, it may dry enough internally to work again.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Thanks.

Yeah just trying to make sure I dodnt miss something.

I have ave a few old ones that I might experiment with first. re removing the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by mearstrae View Post
    I think you kind of answered your own question, the compressor does run. Jump out the temp sensor and see what happens (I'm not sure if it's normally open or normally closed-take off the connector and check[normally open], if that doesn't work, then try jumping the terminal[normally closed]). If it works, the sensor got drowned, sensors don't have to have exposed wires to to react badly to water. This is why you never pressure wash a Rover engine, it will kill the sensors. Anyway, if the sensor seems bad try to dry it with a hair dryer or similar, it may dry enough internally to work again.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S