Thread: 2.6 cyl water pump

Default 2.6 cyl water pump

Can anyone offer advice on what parts are used to seal the connection between the waterpump and the head on a 2.6 cyl. If you know the part numbers that would help to. RN is not showing parts for the 2.6 waterpump. I came up with these numbers from my NADA parts book. See if you think they are correct or not. And whom should I check with for these parts.

Main pump to block gasket: 503629 (Joint washer)
    Rubber Seal Pump to Cylinder head 09170
    Adaptor for Thermostat bypass (1/4 BSP) 515946

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4759.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	12642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4758.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	12643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4760.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	12644

I got everything here

https://www.johnwearingp4parts.co.uk...P4+Water+Pumps

If you do order from them, would you mind ordering me a water pump gasket. I want another but don't feel like ordering just that. If you order I can paypal you.

Thanks

The O-ring was not too hard to find; Ike had that. After not finding what I needed with US suppliers, I had left mail with 3 different UK suppliers (all well known) starting last Saturday and yet to have any of them contact me or even acknowledge my "email". I say "email" because it is actually their contact form on their web site which is totally inadequate to convey my vehicle information and what I want to buy. They don't have a proper Email address on their sites. So on the contact form I simply asked that someone contact me by Email so I could reply with a proper Email requesting what I needed. In some cases I tried to use their form to indicate what I needed. Anyway, nothing. I finally called one of them today, got someone to answer the phone after the third try, and asked the gentleman to Email me. He mentioned that they only reply to Email in the morning so I'm hoping to have a response in the morning. FYI I tried several of the US suppliers, who were responsive but don't carry much for a 2.6.
    Given how hard it is to find these gaskets and seals (and since I am paying shipping anyway) I've decided to buy 2 of each of all the engine gaskets and seals for stock. If and when I get a proper response from a supplier that has the parts I intend to order 2 of each. Yes, bfein1075 (PM me your info) I will order an extra one for you, again if and when they get back to me.

For now I'm making my own gasket and bitching about crappy customer service.

Sent you a PM. I have never had good luck getting responses in the UK. All my orders always come quickly though.

Just to wrap this up, John Wearing shipped everything I asked using my DHL account but I had to book it, arrange the pick-up and Email them the labels. All in all I was pleased with their service once I was able to get in regular Email contact with them. For the cost of shipping (which wasn't bad) I would recommend (I did) to get all the gaskets you think you might ever need for that engine.

For future reference, the O-ring seal is a Dash 311 size. You can get them from bearing houses, McMaster-Carr, and various other suppliers. I bought a bag of 50 Buna-N ones for $6 from McMaster.

Quote Originally Posted by james86004 View Post
    For future reference, the O-ring seal is a Dash 311 size. You can get them from bearing houses, McMaster-Carr, and various other suppliers. I bought a bag of 50 Buna-N ones for $6 from McMaster.
    Good information. Thanks for providing it.