Thread: Replacement Body Control Unit / Body Control Module / BCU / BCM

Default Replacement Body Control Unit / Body Control Module / BCU / BCM

Please move this post if there is an existing thread I could not find.

ABS stopped working on my 1995 NAS Discovery and the repair shop says the Body Control Module needs to be replaced for about $3k.

Is there somewhere I can get one secondhand? I understand there may be a specific removal and programming process that is required as described in the following link:

https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rov...module.179588/

Rovers North kindly recommended Gold Wing Rover and I will try them next week when they re-open, but thought this board might have some ideas too.

Thanks in advance

$3K seems extremely high, are you sure the shop you're using knows what it's doing? If possible get a second opinion, it may not even be the MFU. On the older Land Rovers this item is called a "Multi Function Unit". [I like Gold Wing Rovers, I've used them several times for DII parts.] Oh, and DI's don't need the reprogramming (if I remember rightly), it's totally different from the DII's "Body Control Unit".

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S