Thread: 2.6L NADA SW rear tank mounting hardware configuration help

Default 2.6L NADA SW rear tank mounting hardware configuration help

I am re-installing my fuel tank and of course my hardware removed only matches some of the work book and RN parts pages descriptions. Any chance I can get a photo of front and rear install hardware or a diagram? I have 2 long bolts, and 2 shorter bolts- the front bolts can not mount top down as described in the book diagrams-no room. Has to go in bolt upwards. I have 4 sleeves, 4 smaller rubber grommets, 4 of the large rubber grommets attached to 4 large square washers, and 2 smaller rectangular metal washers that really only fit on the rear cross member. 2 large flat round metal washers and 2 medium flat round metal washers and 4 nuts with 4 lock washers. Any help is appreciated!!!

Ed
    1967 Series 2A 109 NADA w/2.6l

I will take pictures/diagrams for any model rear tank hardware configuration as well!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	12678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	12679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	12677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	12680

Funny enough I reinstalled my tank yesterday. What a nightmare. The front bolts are virtually impossible to get to. You are correct in that the bolts go up. All the parts manuals show them backwards. The one on the fuel filler side was a nightmare. There is virtually no room to get to the nut. I taped the nut into a open ended wrench to hold it in place but if I had known how much of a nightmare it was going to be I would have glued it in place before I started.

Here are some pics of a friends truck I used as a guide for reinstalling the bolts. Don't forget to use the metal sleeves inside the rubber bushings.
    Last edited by bfein1075; 04-02-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Awesome!! Quick question- looks like the large rubber washers were used front and back vs. the smaller rubber washers listed for the front mounts. I imagine that does not matter as long as there is the room which there is and they are providing that absorption. Where did the sleeves mount in relation to the flanges on the tank-through the mount holes on the flanges so the rubber washer encompasses the sleeve above and below the flange or is the sleeve only below the flange ?

Use the small rubber washers in the front. The sleeve goes through the tank holes and the rubber on each side.

I still need to install the breather hoses and the filler hose. I removed the filler from the body figuring that would make it easier.

Tank goes on before tub. Everybody knows that! Just pop that tub out and you'll have all the room you could need! Jeez.

Fortunately my tub was already off. Thanks for the help and photos- tank installed!!