Thread: Series III front brake adjustment question.

Default Series III front brake adjustment question.

I had to replace the front brake rubber hoses and bled the brakes several times and got all air out. I had noticed before doing the hoses that first hit on pedal went down i thought too far and second pump felt normal. This is the same now after replacing hoses and i know no air in system. I then started to adjust shoes and noticed that the adjusters will turn 360 degrees with NO contact to the shoe in any part of this rotation. Pulled wheels,drum and then could see as suspected no contact what so ever with adjuster to shoe. These are shoes that were on vehicle when i got it but what the heck is going on? These additional pumps are whats needed to get shoe to drum......not a air in system problem. So the shoes must be incorrect with no location for adjuster cam to contact but fit correct otherwise. Order new fronts and not worry about it or try and position stud on shoe to contact cam? Thanks for and thoughts.

This page on TeriAnn's site might be of assistance: http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/landRoverFAQ/FAQ_rearbrakes.htm
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Update on my original post ref front brake adjustment on 88" Series III. Well not me honest but someone had put left front on right rear-----right front on left front and attached return spring in grove in cam stud. New shoes perfect. On another note being away from Series for a while and returned two defective brake light switches thinking they were a lost cause. Our host put full return on my P.P. account with zero problem. I have an extra complete engine and trans that will get complete rebuild. Guess where i will get the parts?