Thread: SeriesTrek

Default SeriesTrek

Anybody got Mercedes's contact info? I wanted to see if he still has any 24 spline front axles left. The email on his site bounces right back.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Quote Originally Posted by jp- View Post
    Anybody got Mercedes's contact info? I wanted to see if he still has any 24 spline front axles left. The email on his site bounces right back.
    I replied on G&R but in case anyone sees this question here, Jim is out of the axle shaft business. If you need upgrading you will have to go elsewhere.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Thanks, I saw it. But Overland Engineering is not responding. I've tried calling them for two weeks, leaving messages etc... Do you have their email address?

Also curious if Jim has any axle sets left, or if he sold them all to OE?

I would go elsewhere if I knew where to go. What's the difference in length between Defender front axles and Series axles? Wondering if I could fit some type of later CV axle.

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Thanks, I saw it. But Overland Engineering is not responding. I've tried calling them for two weeks, leaving messages etc... Do you have their email address?

Also curious if Jim has any axle sets left, or if he sold them all to OE?
    Jim's are all gone. I bought the last two factory second rear axles.

Maybe Matt was busy with Winter Romp stuff. He posted a couple times recently on G&R so he is still around, maybe you can contact him via PM there. I don't have his email.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Have you checked with Great Basin Rovers? They also do 24 spline rear axles, not sure about the front ones.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Bill got back with me today. He has had the 24 spline fronts before, but doesn't have any now, and isn't sure when he is going to be making anymore. But at this point, it's not a rush, just collecting parts for my build. I just wanted to start with the differential build ups so I can have a rolling chassis to work on.

Bill said the stock front axles were not bad. I just wanted something super tough that I won't have to tear into for a really long time.

Bill got back with me today. He has had the 24 spline fronts before, but doesn't have any now, and isn't sure when he is going to be making anymore. But at this point, it's not a rush, just collecting parts for my build. I just wanted to start with the differential build ups so I can have a rolling chassis to work on.

Bill said the stock front axles were not bad. I just wanted something super tough that I won't have to tear into for a really long time.

I'm not totally sure but check with dutchman axles, tell them what you need and I bet they have made them before, seriously they keep build notes on all axles.

Dutchman: https://dutchmanaxles.com

KingSlug
    Visit The Wandering Hippo (my 109 S2A Ambulance).

Thanks for the link, but I already ordered a 10 spline TruTrac for the front. Rear is an Ashcroft limited slip 24 spline. It's not going to be a rock crawler so I think it will be fine. If I do end up breaking something, I'll replace them later if they ever come back available again.