Thread: Brake booster vacuum hose when converting to a Weber?

Default Brake booster vacuum hose when converting to a Weber?

Gents, throwing a Weber on tonight and can't figure how to route the brake booster vacuum line......
    There's a new short extension piece that goes from the manifold to the flexible hose, but when the Weber goes on it wown't fit.

I think there's a simple solution I'm missing....!
    ADDING:
    1973 LHD NAS Series 3 88"

THXName:  IMG_4994.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  99.0 KB

[QUOTE=bls72bmw;109897]Gents, throwing a Weber on tonight and can't figure how to route the brake booster vacuum line......
    There's a new short extension piece that goes from the manifold to the flexible hose, but when the Weber goes on it wown't fit.

I think there's a simple solution I'm missing....!
    ADDING:
    1973 LHD NAS Series 3 88"

From the picture it looks like the piece that screws into the manifold to which the brake booster extension attaches is taller than the part on my 72 Series 3. Yours has another vacuum hose attached to that piece - what does it supply vacuum to? With a shorter piece between the manifold and the extension you should have the necessary clearance.

MJL, thanks, very true- there is a short piece of vacuum that goes back onto itself; so it is not necessary.

SO I'll call RN tomorrow and see if there's a delete kit or a way to get rid of that piece. Good call.

Looks like someone put a thing in there to add vacuum ports. I think you can just delete the thing with the blocked off ports and then put the pipe adapter back in the manifold.

Had a nice chat with some Rover folks, the suggestion is that the oddball vacuum ports were for NA emissions. The gizmo wown't fit in the manifold, so it has to be machined down since the bolt is no longer available!

Loosen, rotate slightly, bend pipe downward, done. Nothing special there...it's 3/8 pipe with a flare fitting.

The LR part number for the adapter without the vacuum ports , which presumably is shorter, is 90513171 and the copper O ring number is 243958

For some reason the price of the adapter is ridiculous. RN lists it as RNC739 at $46.76. I tried a few UK sites and it averaged around 24 pounds. But even at the low value of the pound by the time you add shipped charges (and perhaps any tariff charges &#128553 it wouldn't be any cheaper.

Did RN say they couldn't get the part?

OK, so from above advice I took off the oddball part and then had to clean up and chase the threads deep down into the manifold. It finally DID fit into the manifold far enough (so thanks to above replies).

I'm still having hard problems starting, I think it's the coil. I'll start a thread elsewhere.
    But I am please how easy the Weber was to drop in.
    Thanks Team!

I think your missing #RNB659 and the small hose should connect to distributor vacuum advance of course it needs to be longer then block off the other port