Thread: Directional signal won't blink on one side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Directional signal won't blink on one side

The directional signal/turn signal on the left side of my IIA won't flash/blink. The right side works normally and, when I turn the hazard lights, on all four blink normally. I replaced the flasher unit about a year ago. Any ideas what could be the problem?
    1970 Series IIA
    1964 Series IIA [sold]

Check your grounds.
    I had a similar issue after removing the front wings, cleaning, painting, and reassembling.
    After chasing things down with a volt/ohm meter, I finally ran a ground wire from the wing to the chassis and it fixed the lack of blinker problem.

Had the same issue, removed the directional lens, noted that one screw holding the assembly had a copper piece that was corroded. Removed screw and used dremel to clean the copper piece, reassembled and worked great. Just my 2 cents. Best, phil
    2003 Corvette Z06
    2013 Range Rover Sport
    1967 Series IIA - For when I don't want to go fast.