Troubleshooting a no spark / won’t start issue on my ‘68 IIa’.

The starter cranks when I attempt to start the ruck but it will not start. I tested with a spark tester at the plugs and the coil lead - no spark. (New ignition switch)

I then tested the power to the positive connector on the coil. (New coil). I tested following instructions to have the ignition switch in the on but not cranking position. I tested with a voltmeter when points open - looking for ~12 volts got 0. Also tested with points closed - loving for between 6 and 8 volts got 0.

I then tested the fuse box using a test lamp. Using the negative battery post for the ground.

Name:  33BAE5DB-7184-4E9D-816D-FE512178513E.jpg
Views: 2765
Size:  87.7 KB

When I test at the fuse with the ignition off and key out the lamp lights only on the top connected fuse. It also lit when testing at the spade connectors on either side of the fuse. I believe this position is connected to the lights since they work without needing to have the ignition switched on.

When I Conduct the same tests with the ignition in the on position I the tester lights on all connected fuses. When I test at the spade connectors the lamp only lights on the top and bottom connected fuses. The center position does not light at the connector - only at the fuse.

I assume this this means that my fuse box needs to be replaced.

I believe that this fuse box is actually a Series III box based on review of the parts listed by our hosts.

I thought I’d check with the experts here before I buy this part only to find that 1) I have been testing incorrectly, or ) there are other potential causes for the lack of power to the coil and the failed test at the fuse box.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wes