Thread: Wheels and tires

Default Wheels and tires

Name:  tires and wheels.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  103.3 KB

I'm looking to purchase some replacement wheels and tires for my 1960 "88, for the longer road trips. I like the looks of the ones in the attached photo (not my vehicles, pic is from web). Would anyone know what size wheels and tire types are in the photo?

Secondly, the hubs on my vehicle are the original 1960 ones. Do they need to be changed to install newer wheels?

Thanks,

Mike
    1960 88" 2.25 Petrol LHD Export
    http://1960landroverrestoration.blogspot.com/

Hard to beat 7.50X16 tires i think. I have had them on six series Rovers including the on i have now. I did for a brief time have some radial tires of aprox. same size on one of them. Much smoother ride but were wider killing the look i wanted. I guess if you were going to spend a lot of time on paved roads the radials would sure be quieter and last longer than the mud grip type 7.50X16.

Quote Originally Posted by 01birddog View Post
    Hard to beat 7.50X16 tires i think. I have had them on six series Rovers including the on i have now. I did for a brief time have some radial tires of aprox. same size on one of them. Much smoother ride but were wider killing the look i wanted. I guess if you were going to spend a lot of time on paved roads the radials would sure be quieter and last longer than the mud grip type 7.50X16.
    What does 7.50X16 translate into the metric size? Such as 2XX/XX/16?
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub

235-85-16