Thread: 1973 Series III RHD

Default 1973 Series III RHD

Can someone help me with the shift pattern and how to use the yellow and red knobs?

Shift pattern on a series Rover is a standard 'H' with Reverse to the left and up. Basically right next to first gear. There should be a spring loaded 'gate' that you need to push against to get it into reverse (you should feel it - not see it - if you see it you need to put the transmission tunnel back on the truck before you drive very far).

The yellow knob is pushed down to get 4 wheel drive - in theory you can do this at any speed to get 4 wheel high - just make sure you aren't spinning the rear wheels when you do it.

The red knob takes you between high and low gear with neutral in the middle. By putting it into the low transfer gears you automatically put it into 4 wheel drive so you don't have to push the yellow knob down.

If you push the yellow knob down to get 4 wheel high gears you pull the red knob out of high and into neutral (while you are stopped) to pop the yellow knob back up.

Do you have free-wheeling hubs?

LaneRover

Yes, I have free-wheeling hubs. Thanks for the answer. I just tried it out and all works well.

Thanks again

Artie Loose Cannon