Thread: Selling a 1965 Land Rover 109 5 door - Need advice

Default Selling a 1965 Land Rover 109 5 door - Need advice

I have a 1965 Land Rover 5 door 109" that I want to sell. Unfortunately, I have no idea how much to ask for it. Needs minor body work on a fender and a new paint job. The interior has the original seats and the elephant skin still on the doors. I have all the parts to the headliner "cage" like structure that holds the headliner. Have all the new rubber door seals for it. 2 xtra front doors. Has the original window screens for the back windows that are like the screens on your house. Includes both racks that hold the rear bench seats. I really think ALL parts are here.

The original engine has had the top end redone about 10 years ago, less than 20 miles on it since it came back from the shop. Basically brought it home and parked it. Frame shows to be in good shape with no rust. Leaf springs need replacing. 23k on the odometer.

Any advice on how much to ask for it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for the help.

Quentin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181011_141019_resized.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	12884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181011_141004_resized.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	12885  

$5-10k or thereabouts. It has been repainted at some point, as the door handles should be black. If the frame could be proven to be solid, and it was running and driving maybe closer to the $10k mark. I just sold my fully restored 67 109" station wagon for mid twenties, but I was asking (and thought it was worth) much more (and it had a galvanized frame, new springs, running gear, brakes, etc.). Like most of these old beasts, they are showing their age and in need of restorations, but quite often the work is not done properly or to the level it needs to be due to the costs and time associated.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.