Thread: Badge > Grill > Rover

Default Badge > Grill > Rover

I finally purchased a used late 2a metal grill for my ‘69 as well as a replica badge (without pre-drilled holes) from our hosts. I’m looking for pictures of how the badge is attached to the metal grill and then how the grill is attached to the Rover. Any help would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3D8FF52-4348-4E88-BBD7-C0B88B61400D.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	12900

There are two holes in the radiator support panel that have pressed in spire nuts. Screws go through the holes in the badge and hold it on and the grill on. The badge is not fastened to the grill itself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myrovernew12.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	12901
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

centre your grille between the headlights then drop it into the two retaining clips at the bottom of the radiator core support, just under the headlights. The badge is attached by screws that pass through the grille mesh and into the snap-in nuts near the top. That holds the grille fast by clamping it between the badge and the core support