Still sorting a timing chain tensioner issue, and I'm ready to put on a new tensioner and button things up. While I'm better than 50% sure my issue was a bind in the tensioner cylinder bit that slides along a groove in the block, I can't help wonder if I have an issue with the oil feed to the piston from the block (the tensioner is driven by oil pressure, weirdly enough). I have blown some carb cleaner into the tensioner piston oil feed port from the block (to make sure I don't have a plug), some did make it's way into the block and dripped on the garage floor (the pan is off of course), which is good as I figure the gallery must be close to terminating at that point. So downstream is clear. I'm wondering if there might be a plug in the oil gallery feeding the piston (upstream) and I'm considering pulling the oil pump and blowing air through the gallery to see if any comes out of this port in the block. Wouldn't run air pressures higher than 50 psig,

It's a freshly rebuilt engine, don't think there's a problem, but has anybody ever done this? Overkill?

Thanks