Thread: Pricing Help? 1960 SII 88

Default Pricing Help? 1960 SII 88

Hello,

I've been looking for a Series II/IIA to be a daily driver/rolling resto.... Found one in New England that I really like, trying to see if it's priced in the ballpark. I know this is hard without looking at it - I do understand that - just trying to not to make a massive mistake! Wanted to see if I could get an idea of what any of you would think it may be worth with the following information. If anyone has more questions please let me know.

• 1960 Series II 88 panel truck, not station wagon. Tailgate/Liftgate orig in nice shape. Top in good shape.
    • Galv frame - looks like maybe an older restoration? Has Parabolic suspension.
    • Bulkhead original and very good, no rust
    • Couple 'deck of card' sized patches/repairs needed on floorboards, otherwise good condition
    • Turner high compression engine installed 4-5 years ago - waiting for receipts to verify that. Still negative ground. Hi torque starter installed 2014. Runs really smooth.
    • Paint decent, one front fender dented, one rear quarter with a small crack/dent, interior ok, aftermarket bucket seats ripped, etc, but paint is decent. Safari rack.
    • Trans / Transfer case good. Trans, clutch rebuilt 2014 as well as some other wheel seals, etc. No overdrive.
    • Everything seems to work, gauges, lights, etc.

They're asking $18k

I greatly appreciate you taking the time - any help would be awesome!!! Thanks, Mike

I hope this is a guidline, but, I recently changed insurance on my 65 series 2a. Their data base estimated that my rebuild of an original series,
    (new frame, motor, trans, electrics, etc), was valued for 18,500$. I not selling, but the insurance value was estimated by them, not me. So I have that going for me, "which is nice",,,