Thread: Series III grill question.

Default Series III grill question.

Every Series for me to date has been a metal grill and i am struggling to live with the plastic grill on my Series III. I have seen lots of Series III with late IIA metal grill with visible holes where the plastic grill attached with the long top screws. My III has the bottom holes both left and right where the bottom brackets were to support grill. My question is are the pictures i speak of just done at owners liking of the metal grill vs. plastic or did some Series III have this last metal grill from mfg.
    Thanks.

I always thought the ABS grille was THE defining trait (at least at first) of A III!

Its probably more likely that your Series III's core support was a hold-over from late IIA production, or it could be a "universal", one-size-fits-all replacement part. The overall dimensions are the same, whether IIA or III, so an aftermarket manufacturer would only have to build them one way and stock only one part, OR, once the change-over was made at the factory they just used up the remaining core supports that still had the "old style" metal grille mounting holes until the materials dept. delivered the updated parts to the assembly line.

Either way, YOU CANT COOK ON A PLASTIC GRILLE! (nor a galvanized one without first placing some aluminum foil betwixt the metal and your hamberder....)

I think using the support with mounting holes hold over is correct in my case. I will still have to have a talk with myself on reasons to not use metal grill. No doubt this is also answer to the III's i have seen with metal grill.

Thanks.