Thread: For Sale: 1976 Series 3

Default For Sale: 1976 Series 3

Very nice 1976 Land Rover Series 3 for sale. Rare topical top, strong 2.25L petrol motor, Fairey overdrive. Right hand drive. I have driven this truck on a regular basis for the last 6 years. Will do 70 mph on the highway, all day long. I would not hesitate to drive to California tomorrow.

This is a clean, unmolested example of a fine 4x4 vehicle. Everything on this truck works, right down to the windshield washer and choke indicator light. Just like any British car, it has a few leaks and a few paint bubbles on the door edges. Color is Land Rover Marine Blue with Limestone on the rooftop and wheels.

The truck features: Rocky Mountain Parabolic suspension, Pro-Comp shocks, Rocky Mountain Door tops, TDI mechanical fuel lift pump, a Pertronix electronic distributor, a Rovers North Trailer hitch. Frame and bulkhead are in excellent condition and are coated with Fluid Film on a regular basis. Rear crossmember was replaced in 2014 and is in excellent condition. Body cappings and windshield frame hot dipped galvanized again 3 years ago. New windshield glass at that time. Tires are Cooper All-Terrain with approximately 10,000 miles on them. Brake and clutch cylinders are all new within the last 4 years.
    Sale will include spares and service manuals.

Registered in NC with a clean title. Very inexpensive to own with antique status/tags and collector car insurance.

Asking $27,500 or a very reasonable offer. No tire kickers, scammer, or agencies trying to help me sell. If you are serious, please contact me to schedule a showing or get more photos. Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4804.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	12996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover 2.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	12997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover Rear.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	12998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rover snow.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	12999
    Last edited by fly cubs; 03-08-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub

The fog/rain finally cleared enough in NC to take pics today. Album: Land Rover Series 3 For Sale

This even includes a vid of it running. I just re-coated the chassis, bulkhead and wheel wells with Fluid Film, which attributes the to the shiny and brownish specs on most of the undercarriage. The tires have Armor-All on them, but the rest of the truck is in a "virgin" state to show its patina and true character.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues accessing it.

I purchased my D90 yesterday, so the race will now be on to sell this one before my wife shoots me....
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub

Sale pending.
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD
    1940 Piper J3F-50 Cub

Quote Originally Posted by fly cubs View Post
    Sale pending.
    Sold.
    1976 RHD Series 3 - SOLD
    1989 Land Rover 90 LHD