I recently joined this forum while looking for a Series project to build with my daughter. I've spent the last 13 years rebuilding Lucas distributors, hence my username. Thanks for all the great posts and info here!

Now for a more direct question:
I've recently looked at a '64 that's been parked since 1982, indoors thankfully. I'm not sure how to put a value on it. It does need a new frame, mostly due to internal rust that's thinned the metal throughout. The only perforations are in the rear near the spring hangers. One outrigger is in poor shape, as is the transmission crossmember. The leaf springs are rusted between - heavily - and damaged beyond use. This makes me concerned about rust inside the differentials and transfer case. Experience here?

The body is pretty clean. The toe boards are rusted, but the rest of the bulkhead has held up extremely well. The inner driver's door structure has rust that needs repair. Inner wing panels are rusted. A few dents and scrapes but not bad at all. Original paint and the original galvanize trim work is presentable and rust free, never painted.

The engine is junk, and I was planning on installing a Mercruiser 185 3.7L 4 cylinder set up for street driving, along with an NV4500 5 speed.

This Series II is very complete, but like I said needs a reframe and a full restoration. I plan to leave the body in patina, but update and restore the drivetrain so it could be driven daily. What is this truck worth??? It does have a Kodiak IV heater installed, but it may be part of the bargaining process. A rear barn door is also available, same color from a Series III.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rover front.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	13014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rover back.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	13015