[QUOTE=distributorguy;110283]Thanks Cedryck - that's the plan! New frame, springs and shocks, motor, trans, and rewire. Brakes are easy but I'll likely upgrade - eventually. Depends on how many new parts this thing needs after sitting for so many years. The body really is in exceptional condition considering how long its been sitting. One day's body work will take care of all the rust repair, especially when the body is off and being moved to the new frame. I don't "need" the vehicle, so it can sit as long as necessary. 3 year plan to have it finished, 1 year plan to make it drivable so i can at least move it around under its own power.

Hi, My experience has been, (purchasing a car that sat, unused for many years) is that ALL the plumbing, brakes, masters, clutch, all connecting tubes needed replacing. Not a bad thing to do, piece of mind. Electrics, mice, and time will degrade a wiring loom. Replace the whole loom. Shrink wrap the fittings,
Drive train. Inspect all drive train components replacing the needed bearings, seals, and liquids. Corrosion and the elements are the bad influence with cars that sit.
If you are convinced that compression is sound in your engine, have a good mechanic, upgrade to a better water pump, carb, head if needed, and any seals needed. Consult the green bible for all needed tolerances and quantities, and when you are ready to drive, put a horshoe on the front grill (just kidding) enjoy your work. Cheers.