Thread: riding the clutch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default riding the clutch

Good afternoon ,a little frustrated with the 74 series 3. After 15 minutes of driving when I try accelerate from a stop it sounds like I have not let off the clutch and its very slow to get up to speed to change to second gear and then same problem again . I read another forum and think maybe brakes are not releasing , ill check the heat on the rim today. A friend told me the o rings in the slave cylinder stick and cause the rod not to return fast enough. My phrase for the issue is it sounds like I am riding the clutch butty foots not on it , thanks gareth Dallas tx

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbos View Post
    Good afternoon ,a little frustrated with the 74 series 3. After 15 minutes of driving when I try accelerate from a stop it sounds like I have not let off the clutch and its very slow to get up to speed to change to second gear and then same problem again . I read another forum and think maybe brakes are not releasing , ill check the heat on the rim today. A friend told me the o rings in the slave cylinder stick and cause the rod not to return fast enough. My phrase for the issue is it sounds like I am riding the clutch butty foots not on it , thanks gareth Dallas tx
    It's hard to determine exactly what is happening from your description, but I will try to steer you into a direction. First check the fluid level in the master cylindar for your clutch system. Second have someone operate the cluch pedal and you watch the master, and then check the slave for proper operation. Are both set to proper adjustment? The green book has a nice description on how to do the slave. Possilbly bleed the clutch, other than that It would have to be internal problem, inside throw out bearing, or pressure plate,,hope this helps,