Thread: 1991 with zf transmission - kick down cable to Edelbrock carb

Default 1991 with zf transmission - kick down cable to Edelbrock carb

I have replaced the kick down cable from ZF transmission on my 1991 Classic, but can't see how to attach it to the throttle linkage of the 4-barrel Edelbrock. I have the Ford conversion kit but it doesn't work without major modifications. Any ideas? BTW the edelbrock was bought new about 10 years ago for this ongoing Tomcat project build. I am thinking of getting a Holley TBI but may have a similar issue.

I've never done this conversion. I do remember making throttle linkage for my Series 3 (it's a 3.5 V-8) with an Edlebrock 4bbl. It ended up being a Rube Goldberg-esque set up, so I could use the stock throttle cable, kinda complicated but it works. So, you're in for some serious calculations and fabrications. (Think outside the box...) The TBI will be expensive and you still end up with the same problems.

'99 Disco II
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '70 Rover 3500S (Gone...)

"The TBI will be expensive and you still end up with the same problems."

Very true! The Holley TBI with computer is about $1000.