Thread: Stuck Master Slave Cylinder Cap

Default Stuck Master Slave Cylinder Cap

I have tried a rubber band, softly using a wrench and a strap wrench to no avail.

It is so close in to the wing that it is almost impossible to get off...any advice that doesn't involve taking the wing off?

Name:  IMG_2047.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  61.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KonaDog View Post
    I have tried a rubber band, softly using a wrench and a strap wrench to no avail.

It is so close in to the wing that it is almost impossible to get off...any advice that doesn't involve taking the wing off?

Name:  IMG_2047.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  61.8 KB
    Some people cut the fender, then retro fit a hinge so that they can fold the section over when needing to check/fill the clutch.

Maybe try pouring a pan full of really hot water over the cap to expand/loosen it.

Or use a pair of channel lock pliers... Good luck!

That's what the previous owner seems to have done. To the right of that image, there is a rectangular cut held in by rivets that is approximately 6" x 8". It'll make swapping the clutch cylinder much easier too should that be needed.
    I went ahead and ordered a new cap and will use my strap wrench or channel locks. If that fails, I can then just cut the damn thing off and put the new one on immediately.