Thread: Speedbleeder p/n and / or stock bleeder pitch and thread ?

Default Speedbleeder p/n and / or stock bleeder pitch and thread ?

Hi all

Does someone have the relevant part number for Speedbleeders on a Series truck they can share? Alternatively confirming the pitch and thread for the stock bleeders and I can go from there...

I’m not having much luck finding the exact info on the web, yet they get mentioned in occasional threads by people who have installed them.

Many thanks

-e

Default Speed Bleeders

I believe it is 3/8 X 24. SB3824

Aug 2, 2016 11:19:13 PDT
    Transaction ID: 78999236CS467383L

Hello joshua tyler,
    You sent a payment of $59.05 USD to Speed Bleeder Products, Inc
    (speedbleeder@earthlink.net)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant
    Speed Bleeder Products, Inc
    speedbleeder@earthlink.net
    Instructions to merchant
    You haven't entered any instructions.
    Shipping address - confirmed
    joshua tyler
    2601 redding ave
    Sacramento, CA 95820-2155
    United States
    Shipping details
    The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
    Thread Gauge
    Item# THREADGAUGE
    $7.50 USD 1 $7.50 USD
    Sealant
    Item# THREADSEALANT
    $10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD
    Extra Dust Cap
    Item# DUSTCAP
    $0.10 USD 6 $0.60 USD
    SB3824 Speed Bleeder
    Item# SB3824
    $7.00 USD 5 $35.00 USD

Subtotal $53.10 USD
    Shipping and handling $5.95 USD
    Total $59.05 USD
    Payment $59.05 USD
    Charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *SPEEDBLEEDE"
    Payment sent to speedbleeder@earthlink.net
    Invoice ID: 2016x08x44589

Issues with this transaction?
    You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at www.paypal.com/help.

Get verified - Pay from your bank account and you're 100% protected against unauthorized payments sent from your PayPal account. Log in and click the Get verified link below your name.
    RIGHT TO REFUND

You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as a result of this agreement if PayPal does not forward the money received from you within 10 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent amount of money to the person designated by you within 10 days of the date of the receipt of the funds from you unless otherwise instructed by you.

If your instructions as to when the money shall be forwarded or transmitted are not complied with and the money has not yet been forwarded or transmitted, you have a right to a refund of your money.

If you want a refund, you must mail or deliver your written request to PayPal at P.O. Box 45950, Omaha, NE 68145-0950. If you do not receive your refund, you may be entitled to your money back plus a penalty of up to $1000 and attorney's fees pursuant to Section 2102 of the California Financial Code.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal Email ID PP120 - ca1b7bf96b03f

Josh t
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Thanks a lot Josh!

-e

Hey Josh

Sorry to dig this back up - but I was just working on my 109 today and something came up as I was wrapping up an overhaul of the brakes.

The Speedbleeders seem to be ever so slightly longer than the stock bleeders.
    Looking at my front 11" twin shoe brakes, the tip of the Speedbleeder gets really close to the steering arm on the bottom of the swivel housing.

You have this too?

Or did you move your top to bottom hardline to be able to use the angled fitting in the lower wheel cylinder for the bleeder?
    Seems like that would work better, but that would be one tight bend for the hardline to clear the steering arm...
    Curious to hear what you did...

Many thanks

-e

Cool Speed Bleeders

Quote Originally Posted by ericgbauer View Post
    Hey Josh

Sorry to dig this back up - but I was just working on my 109 today and something came up as I was wrapping up an overhaul of the brakes.

The Speedbleeders seem to be ever so slightly longer than the stock bleeders.
    Looking at my front 11" twin shoe brakes, the tip of the Speedbleeder gets really close to the steering arm on the bottom of the swivel housing.

You have this too?

Or did you move your top to bottom hardline to be able to use the angled fitting in the lower wheel cylinder for the bleeder?
    Seems like that would work better, but that would be one tight bend for the hardline to clear the steering arm...
    Curious to hear what you did...

Many thanks

-e
    We just replace the old one. Need a thin wrench to make easier to open and close

Name:  IMG-3905.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  72.9 KB

Josh T
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Hi Josh

Thanks for writing back
    Based on your pic, it looks like you're using the angled fitting in the bottom wheel cylinder for the bleeder.
    Guess I'll just have to try a little harder to get the hardline to bend a bit tighter and fit in that space.

Thank you

-e