Thread: Looking for some help (Chevy 250 Install Snag)

Default Looking for some help (Chevy 250 Install Snag)

Hello all,

I am in the process of a Chevy 250 swap in my RHD 1971 Dormobile. The shop I selected has some concerns on fitting everything in the engine bay.

Long story short not much progress has been made at the shop. They are concerned with the length of the engine and cooling set up. They do not want to pull the engine, not have it work and then charge me to put it back in. So other daily driver rigs have been seeing lift.

Picture request if available

1. Engine in the engine bay if possible
    2. Cooling set up if possible
    3. Did you need to modify the bulkhead? (I have a RHD Euro 6)

Does anyone have any engine bay pictures of a Chevy 250 in a Series Rig? I would love to be able to show that there is room and this has been done before. The more detail the better. I can have you email or text them to me. They want to be sure before the point of no return.

I am thankful the shop is holding off so as not to have a large bill and not complete the work. They also want it to reflect the quality of their work so they do not want to hack it together.

Thank you,
    Sean
    Sean
    1971 Series IIA Dormobile

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinLight View Post
    Hello all,

I am in the process of a Chevy 250 swap in my RHD 1971 Dormobile. The shop I selected has some concerns on fitting everything in the engine bay.

Long story short not much progress has been made at the shop. They are concerned with the length of the engine and cooling set up. They do not want to pull the engine, not have it work and then charge me to put it back in. So other daily driver rigs have been seeing lift.

Picture request if available

1. Engine in the engine bay if possible
    2. Cooling set up if possible
    3. Did you need to modify the bulkhead? (I have a RHD Euro 6)

Does anyone have any engine bay pictures of a Chevy 250 in a Series Rig? I would love to be able to show that there is room and this has been done before. The more detail the better. I can have you email or text them to me. They want to be sure before the point of no return.

I am thankful the shop is holding off so as not to have a large bill and not complete the work. They also want it to reflect the quality of their work so they do not want to hack it together.

Thank you,
    Sean
    Sorry, no pictures but...can I assume you're familiar with this link. It's do-able, it seems.

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/...20Instruct.pdf

Yes, thank you. I started with the instructions. I have a bunch of photos from the Dormobile Email List and Another board if folks are interested I can share a Google Folder I started to collect them in. Will add to it once mine is complete.
    Sean
    1971 Series IIA Dormobile