Thread: Fuel return line

Default Fuel return line

Does anyone have a diagram of how to run the fuel return line on a ‘74 series 3 88?

Not needed if you're running a carburetor and under 7psi of fuel pressure. If you're over that, you can just put a reducing tee off the carb fitting and run the small hose back to the tank. But none of my Series tanks were fitted with return lines.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

My '76 S3 109 had one of these return lines for the Facett electric fuel pump. I'm now using a Carter self returning fuel pump on my V-8, so I used the return line as a secondary fuel vent. It's plumbed into the air cleaner housing with a chain saw fuel filter acting as an anti-flashback fitting.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S (Gone...)