Thread: fitting a soft top- need a measurement!

Default fitting a soft top- need a measurement!

Hi,
    I am fitting a soft top to my 2A 88". I need to locate and attach the two fixing staples (?) that the canvas top straps secure to to the inside of the header plate that bolts to the top of the windshield.

I need to know these measurements:

A) what is the distance from the center of the header panel (and the windshield) to the center of the staple? (I am using slightly larger and longer than OEM staples so I need to know the center to center span, not center to edge of the staple)

2) what is the distance from the top of the header panel down to the staple, i.e. how far down the interior vertical panel of the header from the top should the holes to rivet the staple be located?

This is a new header and there are no holes or divots in the metal to guide me....

Thank you all so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by michelle; 11-21-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Late reply (Been off the forum for a minute).

Let me know if you still need measurements/photos - I can go out to garage and measure.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Late reply (Been off the forum for a minute).

Let me know if you still need measurements/photos - I can go out to garage and measure.
    Hi!,
    I got the measurement I needed and have the top on now. Thank You for your offer!