Hello, long time reader, first time post.

My LR seems to be stuck in neutral, as if you were to set the hi/lo lever in neutral, but it is engaged properly. Was simply pulling out of driveway, went to shift, and nothing. No strange noises, wasn't pulling a load, etc. Here are some items to mention...
-Clutch seems the same as before, same resistance, no change or overly stiff suddenly.
-Still seems as though I'm able to shift in to gear, based on the gear shift, and the sounds from underneath the transmission, all feels the same.
-Fairey overdrive seems fine, pulled the cap plate off the top and all is moving properly.
-The driveshafts are not moving, and the gears inside of the overdrive are not spinning, with or without the parking brake engaged.
-Did the checks with the rear wheels off the ground, spun one wheel, then the other, and the driveshaft, all good to go there.

Thoughts?

Also, noticed when I looked down and forward inside the top of the transmission tunnel towards the engine, there is a wire coming out of the section the gearshift goes in to. Anyone know what that is, and what it's for?

Thanks for the information, help, and consideration.