Thread: 1966 Series IIa pentronix ditributor upgrade

Default 1966 Series IIa pentronix ditributor upgrade

Restoring my 66 series IIa 2.24 engine and decided to upgrade the ignition with a Pentronix distributor p/n PRTXD176600. Seems like it's an 1/8" +/- too short. It doesn't engage the drive gear and just spins freely. What am I missing?

There are two different triangular "Y" shaped aluminum spacers or mounts that fit between the distributor and the engine block. One is thinner than the other. I'm thinking you have the thicker mount. Did you compare your old and new distributors to see if they are the same height?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by siiirhd88 View Post
    There are two different triangular "Y" shaped aluminum spacers or mounts that fit between the distributor and the engine block. One is thinner than the other. I'm thinking you have the thicker mount. Did you compare your old and new distributors to see if they are the same height?

Bob
    Hey Bob,

Thank you for the reply. In an effort to find the different spacers, I called Rovers North. Turns out I'm missing a coupling Model #: PLB328 Funny, I was considering machining a thinner plate or longer drive coupling on the distributor but when the correct part is $10, why bother reinventing the wheel.

Thanks again for your help.
    BC
    Last edited by brooks.copeland; 12-19-2019 at 10:49 AM.